Sunday, February 24, 2008

Progress!













well, as I stated during my last Sugar Glider post I was having issues with Mystic not letting me near her. Well.. PROGRESS! Last night she was a whole new suggie!!! She let me pet her and I got camera happy ....especially when they were even posing for me. I ended up taking 63 pictures of them without even realizing that I had taken that many pictures. Are they not great little creatures?
I think just the stress of being in new home had her a little cranky. I did send a few pictures of her to a breeder that showed her belly because to me it looked like possibly joey in pouch. BUT I also knew that it could just be me and excited and hopeful. Tammy with the group said it looked very possibly that yep shes got herself a joey. I am so excited I can't even put it into words. My first joey(s)! BUT it is to soon to tell so I don't have my heart set on it. I just will keep feeding her good stuff and pray it all works out and she gives me a good little baby or babies. I really was concerned of her not wanting to bond with me but she was great last night and I had a blast with them. I laughed and giggled at them til way after midnight. I got great pictures as you see in above pictures. My favorite is of them kissing and yes it was a sweet moment. It was almost like they wanted me to catch the moment.
How do I tell them apart....?? Jasper has a bald spot on his head and you can see that in the first picture. He is at the top in the very first picture eatting. See the bald spot? Thats my Jasper! Mystic is in the other corner eatting and she has no bald spot. Aren't they just adorable? I can't wait to see what they have in store for me and how they act with me tonight when its play time for them.
Tammy from the Sugar Glider group sent me about 15 emails about gliders and what to expect with Joeys....so today my focus is reading all about them. I was thankful that she took time to send me all the information she had. She sent a lot of information.. some of the information I know some of it I don't. Its always good to re-read it so I can't wait to tear into it. SO... after lunch its me and glider stuff for the next few hrs.
Until next time........... enjoy the pictures!

No comments: