Monday, February 18, 2008

Breeding Pair of Sugar Gliders

Well, this is Topaz and Mystic... My new sugar gliders...suggies. They are a bonded pair of suggies and Mystic has already had one Joey so we are hoping she gives us lots more babies. A little bit about Sugar Gliders, They are night creatures.. day sleepers.. they eat fruits, veggies and protein. They aren't like most animals as far as trying to get them to mate. You can't just toss them in together and just expect them to get along.. they have to be introduced together on neutral ground. Could be very hazardous to one or both gliders if the proper steps are not taken. I have 2 more gliders that I am still working on getting them to bond. Cookie and Mac will soon be introduced together and then I will have 2 bonding pair of suggies.
I came across this pair and I couldnt pass them up. BUT.... My first night with them, I was trying to take cute pictures and well I was so tired I neglected to latch their door when I got done taking pictures. I just happen to just come back to the room where I have them and well I guess Topaz wanted to be introduced to Cookie because he was out of that cage and was trying to find a way into her cage. I did scream to the top of my lungs for Terry Ray but well he was at the other end of the house and did not hear me.. BUT I did it! I tricked Topaz into getting on my sleeve of my robe and then I put my arm inside the cage and off he went back into the cage. Talk about freaking out.. I hadn't had much contact with them so I wasn't sure if he was going to bite me or not so yeah I just knew I was going to get a nice chunk taken out of my hand. BUT he was a lot more tame then I thought. Now I make sure that doors locked and no more getting out.. lol! So with that happening on the first night ... I can only imagine what other wild and crazy things will happen with these two.

Stay tuned for more pictures and updates on babies in pouch (ip) and out of pouch (oop)

No comments: