Sunday, March 23, 2008

All is well in the critter world

This weekend I had to bring up another rack because I am finally seeing some progress and I am running out of room in the critter room. I had to move all the Hamsters to another smaller rack and put only the rats and mice on the other rack and I still have a tank of rats on the floor and several mommas pregnant that will need to be moved to their own tanks soon. IF NOT TOMORROW.. So... I think we are finally moving along.
I do have a rat that will meet her demise very soon lol... I don't know if she is just protecting babies or for some reason shes just evil but she is the only biter that I have and she got Terry TWICE yesterday and within minutes.. she didn't just bite..she took a hold of him and wouldn't let go. Then he was stupid and tried again and she got him again lol... so yeah soon as she is done nursing she is going bye bye. I know I know..shame shame but shes tried to get me several times since she had this litter and I was just quicker then Terry. I did have a litter yesterday and lost the whole litter then I had a litter today and lost one so far. We could never figure out who mom was and so we tried to foster with one mom and well that didn't work and I had to yank them quick. Now they are being fostered by another mom and so far shes done great with them.

Gliders are all doing well.. Mystic is growing by the day and I can really tell shes got babies on board now. Cookie has now been with Mac for over a week now and I am already tummy watching. I had her out for a few minutes last night and we laughed at her big time. She got up on Mystic and Jaspers cage and got a hold of the pouch from the outside of the cage and she pulled on it and jerked like she was a dog.. apparently theres some jealous issues so I see now those two won't play nice together. It was funny but it also told me no more letting cookie out near mystics cage.
I had no idea she would be so nasty. I did have fun with her til she did that so when I finally got a hold of her again she went right back to her cage cause she was a bad girl.

The mice are taking off like you wouldnt believe. I took 16 to the pet store yesterday just to get more tank space. I have a baby mouse that I have to get pictures of. It has a cross symbol on his back. Terry thinks he will grow out of it but I don't know. Guess we will see. But hes black and white and the cross is white. I would love to have the cross stay there though that would be cool. He/She will be my little church mouse lol.

Degu babies are getting big, I almost bought a couple more yesterday but I don't have room right now. I am running out of tanks and room. so, pray that I can find some good deals on some cages soon. :)

1 comment:

2China4Ayla said...

You must get a picture of your church mouse - how cool is that. You could probably auction him/her off on Ebay for big bucks, haha - like the piece of toast with Mary's face. :o)