Saturday, March 15, 2008
gliders
This week has been a crazy week and I have not had a chance to get anything posted. BUT.... Today I finally put Cookie and Mac together (sugar gliders) I think I gave myself a panic attack. I want to say thanks to Tammy for all her advice with my suggies... shes been great and always answers my questions honestly. I had read so much stuff about the gliders and getting them bonded together and how hard it was and how sometimes a male can kill a female so I have really taken my sweet time putting these two together (since January 1st). I just really wanted to make sure that all would be ok. So the last week we have swapped pouches and swapped cages and now they are both together. I figured while I had them both sleeping I would just take Mac's pouch and put back in his cage with Cookie.. Soon as I even started un-doing macs pouch from the side of his cage Cookie was up and wanting to know what was going on.. I thought I was being quiet but apparently not... she was all up in my business. I put his pouch in and BAM in she went. I waited and waited for the crabbing to begin because I knew it was going to happen.. BUT nope she crawled right in there and snuggled right up to mac and the pouch moved around alittle but it was just them getting comfy with each other. I watched like a hawk and so far all is well. No crabbing or fussing going on. So I think we are in the clear and will soon hopefully have babies in pouch. Mystic is still being Mystic.. shes just not a happy glider with her momma.. soon as I come in the room she runs back and gets in her pouch. so I haven't even been able to take pictures of her or to see if her tummy has gotten any bigger. Shes not making it easy for me at all to see if shes got babies in pouch or not. But I am not giving up.. its just going to take time. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
A lot of brain power goes into baby making at your house. :o)
Post a Comment