well... all was as I expected.. Skittles has HLP and was 20 grams under weight! She is my handicapped Glider to... lol ... her front paw has 2 of her claws (fingers) that are fused together so shes my special girl. Snickers was just about 5 grams underweight so it wasnt as bad. But both are under weight and they are on an antibotic now. With the HLP it will be fixed with diet and since shes so underweight its going take her awhile to regroup and get all her bones back in shape. I really expected to pay almost 150 at the vet but once she heard my story on how basically I rescued these guys and all that I was going to do to keep them in their forever home she only charged me $45 dollars for the visit. I love my vet!
I am sure it helps that I also fed their snake lol! The vet visit for one glider is $36 just to been seen, $8 dollars to cut their nails, Deworming meds and the antibotic I am sure should have been a pretty penny a piece but basically she charged me for one visit and the meds or maybe just the meds. I dont care I got a good break. I would love to make a stink and get the rest of these peoples animals out of their home but my husband has put a stop to my tantrum. He said I bought them, I am getting them all better so just let it go. I am really having a hard time listening to him... lol I really want to march over there and demand my $ back that I paid for them and I want to take the animal control over there and let them see the nasty house they are letting those animals live in... but I guess this is where I step back and just Thank God that I got them and that from here on out they will be 2 spoiled gliders and given lots of love.
I do have to wait 6 mths before I can get him fixed, vet said to at least give him 6 mths because we dont know how long they have been so mis treated and he needs the time to really recover and get well. They were a hit at work as always. The gliders are such a crowd pleaser, with their big eyes and the funny noises they make. Jeana babysat while I went on a quick break and when I came back she was telling me how they were making a cute noise while I was gone. It was cute!
Well tonight is a full night for me... I need to go clean the rat / mice tanks and Idol is on and I also rented the movie P.S I love you and I have been waiting for that forever so its going to be a long busy night so I just wanted to make a quick update on the babies.
Night all!
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It was really nice talking to you last night....I miss you!
Post a Comment