well, the same people that I got the gliders from gave me about 12 hamsters and about 30 mice and a tank full of maggots.. YES thats what I said. I went to pick up the mice and hamsters got home and the cage they gave me (hand built) also had maggots in them. Those tanks are now outside and will stay outside. YUCK! The hamsters seem to be in good health and doing ok the mice are so far doing good. There is about 3 different sets of babies in there from almost adults all the way down to fuzzies. The mice will stay here and help my breeding business the Hamsters all will have new homes soon. The hamsters are cute though. I have about 10 dwarf hamsters and theres a really really cute one in there but I am not keeping any of them. I dont know whos related to who and I just dont have time for hamsters anyway. I am actually thinking of selling all my hamsters except for about 4 of them. I havent bred them out like I had planned on doing due to just not having enough time to deal with them, and then not having space to put babies once they are weened. But its just a thought right now and not sure what I will end up doing.
I know Alex has several that are his favorites and some of them are the ones I want to get rid of.
My snake breeder guy Chris is keeping me busy with the mice / rats so I am not sure I am going to have time to deal with hamsters. Chris is going to help terry build a rat / mice rack that will cut my cleaning / feeding / watering down and maybe once we get that done I may even change my mind.
We also came across a VERY good deal when we were in quincy last weekend and found 3 Iguanas and he only charged us $10 bucks for all three Iguanas. So we are going to have them sexed and hopefully start raising Iguanas as well.
We also found out that Terrys snakes are male and a female. Its funny, the first snake we bought from pet store we were told that it was a female so we (Terry) named her cinnamon then we bought another snake from a lady in Monroe city and she told us it was a male. Well then we went to a guy in Quincy and he told us that we probably had 2 males. Wellll.... I had Chris probe the snakes to have them sexed and well Cinnamon is a male and the male is the female. So sometime next year or so they will start their breeding (woohoo) I am still not excited about all that lol but I told terry there will be no pets here only business haha! so they will also be a part of the business.
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment