Wednesday, April 2, 2008

rat loose

well.... we had our first official rat on the loose tonight. I had babies this morning and no where to put them and no time to deal with them this morning .. as I have not slept in several days and when I am awake I am in numb mode... so I thought I would take care of the babies when I got home and try to figure something out... well........... Alex being the kind sole he is decided to SAVE the babies and put mom and baby in a tank with a broken lid... Soo..... I get home to a tank with babies and no mom!
yes can we say freaked out...??? I was more upset that she was loose and was not with babies more then I was freaked out about her being out running around the house. Shes a good rat and have not had any problems with her being mean or anything so I wasnt worried about her to much. I did worry that Baby girl would get her and eat her though.
But she was found and we got the right lid on her tank and all is well in rat world now.
Last night I did another head count to see where we stood for rats... WOW how fast they reproduce. Right now we have 362 animals (not counting the dogs) 210 rats/110 mice (well add about 16 more to that I just seen we had another birth) 8 degu/9 chinchillas/4 gliders/2 ferrets/12 hamsters/4 gerbils/1 iguana/2 snakes.
Thats a lot of critters. Its been fun asking everyone to guess how many I have now lol.. to funny!
I have a pregnant rat right now and she is due any day now. I have a few more that look pregnant but not sure just yet.
I have actually seen a difference in my rats / mice since I put them on this new food.. they are healthy and coats are already looking better. They have even fatten'd up a bit.
Anyway thats the news today!

No comments: